A Top Five (5) List of Precautionary Principles to protect children from environmental exposure to toxins while their endocrine system is developing.
We must protect children from environmental exposure to toxins while their endocrine system is developing. The Precautionary Principle, is an approach which is characterized by minimizing potential hazards to children health, at the onset of an activity, rather than accepting a level of harm.
USE PRECAUTIONS IN USING HOUSEHOLD AND OUTDOOR CHEMICALS TO LESSEN ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE AND POSSIBLE EFFECTS ON CHILDREN HEALTH
1) Environmental Exposure- Ask for a MSDS sheet BEFORE you allow any spraying of home , school, parks, yard where your child may be exposed. That applies to all spraying of any pesticide or cleaning products- inside or outside of buildings. MSDS is a Material Safety Data Sheet. Demand to study all MSDS of all products used inside the school or outside on the grounds, where your child attends class. On the MSDS,focus attention on Section 11 Toxicology -Demand the LEAST toxic alternative. The more toxic the product the more dangerous to the child endocrine system.
2) Environmental Exposure- Eliminate environmental exposure by children to lawn and garden pesticides.
3) Environmental Exposure- If painting a home or room, use VOC-FREE paints or solvents. VOC are Volatile Organic Solvents which are known to cause health problems in developing children.
4) Food Choices – Buy organic produce if at all possible. The fewer pesticides applied to food which a child consumes the better. Wash all produce thoroughly.
5) Food Choices- Ask for NON GMO foods especially in terms of DAIRY, BEEF, SOY, WHEAT, and CORN. GMO are Genetically Modified Organism Foods which have been genetically modified to contain either a herbicide, bacillus, or artificial growth hormone.Unlike safety evaluations for drugs, there are no long term human clinical trials of the adverse effect of GMO foods on the health of children. Until all scientific studies on potential adverse health effects of GMO Foods are completed do not accept any: Chemical Herbicide in soy, Soil Borne Bacillus (bt) in wheat or corn, Artificial Growth Hormone in dairy or beef. The Precautionary Principle is what needs to be applied to GMO Foods until all the unanswered questions are scientifically addressed. Until then ask for NON GMO Food products
#B Understand the issue of Endocrine Disruption in children caused by exposure to pesticides which act as Environmental Estrogen.
What does the Endocrine System do and why it is so important not to disrupt it. Turns on genes to make new proteins, which causes long term effects such as: Growth controlling height and bone structure, and control of sexual and reproductive maturity. Sex steroid hormones, (estrogens, progestins, androgens), help develop, regulate and maintain male and female sex characteristics such as breast size, bone density, muscle development, penis Size, sperm production, uterine growth, and behavior.
EPA is undertaking a new testing program to identify whether chemicals have the potential to interact with the endocrine system Endocrine Disruptor Screening Program (EDSP) decisions for pesticide active ingredients is expected to be available by the end of 2014. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has identified a list of 134 chemicals that will be screened for their potential to disrupt the endocrine system. Endocrine disruptors are chemicals that can possibly disrupt the hormones produced by the human or animal endocrine system, which regulates growth, metabolism and reproduction “Endocrine disruptors represent a serious health concern for the American people, especially children.” EPA Administrator Lisa P. Jackson. EPA will issue test orders to pesticide registrants and the manufacturers of these chemicals to compel them to generate data to determine whether their chemicals may disrupt estrogen, androgen and thyroid pathways of the endocrine system, that includes validation of the science through a transparent scientific review process. More information: http://www.epa.gov/endo
The Precautionary Principle is what needs to be applied to Endocrine Disruption caused by pesticides acting as environmental estrogens until those unanswered questions are scientifically addressed
Thank you for all of the efforts on this website. My niece really loves going through research and it’s obvious why. All of us know all of the lively mode you make both useful and interesting techniques through this website and as well as boost response from people on this subject then my princess is in fact starting to learn so much. Take advantage of the remaining portion of the year. You’re the one carrying out a splendid job.
Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff prior to and you are simply extremely magnificent. I really like what you’ve bought here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way during which you assert it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to stay it smart. I cant wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a great site.
I have to voice my admiration for your kindness giving support to men who have the need for assistance with in this field. Your special commitment to getting the message throughout had been exceptionally beneficial and have constantly empowered those just like me to achieve their objectives. The useful tips and hints indicates much a person like me and even more to my colleagues. Regards; from all of us.
We are a group of volunteers and starting a
new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on.
You have done an impressive jobb and our whole communitty will be grateful to you.